Reduce heating bills by at least 30%! Own roofing materials, equipment and workforce ensure the best price and highest quality.
Roof insulation, or heat insulation works, significantly reduce the overall heat loss of the building.
Our specialists will install thermal insulation in accordance with building construction projects for the roof part, as well as guided by Building regulations, will know how to recommend the most appropriate material or a set of them, achieving the most effective result.
For roofs that are in contact with the outside air, in accordance with the standard LVS EN ISO 6946:2017Construction parts and construction elements. Thermal resistance and thermal conductivity. Calculation methods
Installation instructions for thermal insulation
- FOUNDATION: the roof base must meet the specified requirements, evaluating the loads provided by the pressure, it must also be flat, clean and dry.
- VAPOR INSULATION: the vapor insulating layer must be installed so that moisture does not accumulate in the roof structures. In roofs above heated rooms, the vapor insulating layer must be installed on the side of the middle thermal insulation layer. Various films are mainly used for the installation of vapor insulation. A suitable film for vapor insulation is chosen, taking into account the vapor resistance of the layer equivalent to the air layer thickness Sd (m), depending on the applicability of the premises, the relative air humidity in it, the operating temperature and the U value of the roof. Vapor insulation must ensure hermeticity, so it must not be mechanically or otherwise damaged. During installation, the films are laid flat (without depressions) with an overlap of at least 100 mm, while the joints must be glued, fused to each other or sealed in some other way.
- THERMAL INSULATION: the thermal insulation layer must use such thermal insulation materials that do not shrink or change their volume over time. Heat insulation can be laid in one or more layers, so the total thickness and number of layers are chosen taking into account the required value of the roof’s heat conduction coefficient. Heat insulation products can be installed without additional fastening or, if necessary, with fastening so that they do not slide out. In each layer, the thermal insulation boards should be laid out in “checkerboard” order – shifting each one in relation to each other. Stone wool plates should be laid on the steel profile covering with their long edges vertical to the wave of the covering, aiming for the fastening elements to be longitudinal to the wave in the later stage of fixing the waterproofing. In this way, the optimal placement of clips and their quantity is obtained.
How do we insulate roofs?
We basically use such materials as polystyrene foam, extruded polystyrene foam (inert against moisture) and stone wool for roof insulation.
Roof insulation begins with assessing the situation, choosing materials and preparing the roof surface for insulation. The prepared roof insulation pie will be fixed with special dowels and two layers of waterproofing – top and bottom.
Our recommendation – don’t be afraid to ask a specialist for advice on matters of interest to you! That way you will protect yourself from unnecessary worries and expenses!
Thermal insulation materials we use:
- TENAX TENAPORS
Although it may seem that the most important objects of insulation are the walls, it is the insulation of the roofs that is one of the most important factors in maintaining excellent heat resistance. The roof is directly affected by both the daily environment and climate, as well as drastic weather changes and sudden, uncharacteristic precipitation. Therefore, roof insulation is a valuable investment.
Ensuring thermal insulation is an important and integral part of the successful operation of the building in the long term. You don’t have to worry about the details. Our specialists will help you to understand the uncertainties and will undertake the selection of the most suitable materials for the insulation work.
Benefits of high-quality roof insulation:
- Ensuring and maintaining high energy efficiency
- Funds saved for lower energy consumption
- Warmth provided in the cold season
- Pleasant coolness in summer
- Additional roof protection
- No accumulation of excess moisture
- Sound isolation
- The rise in the object’s value
Maintaining a good roof condition in the long term requires high-quality and timely roof insulation. It will provide not only sound and heat insulation, but also moisture and wind insulation. Insulation provides both comfort and functionality, as well as long-term technical benefit.
In the case of installing an attic, roof insulation is practically mandatory. Failure to do so will result in problems that will not only reduce the level of comfort, but also the lifespan of the roof. When you build an attic and do not think about insulation work, you will face mold, coldness, decoration and even damage to building structures. However, by warming the roof, you will get a fully functional, comfortable area, while also ensuring lower bills.
Thermal insulation materials:
- Thermally treated minerals
Formed fiber threads or mineral wool are obtained from this material; it is divided into two groups: stone wool and glass wool, but stone wool is usually used for roof insulation.
- Chemically synthesized polymers
This material is used to produce PIR foam, XPS or EPS polystyrene foam, respectively – waterproof heat insulation materials with encapsulated air chambers, but before melting the covering, stone wool is laid – due to the poor temperature tolerance of the material.
Important to think about:
- For appropriate materials
- Provision of wind insulation
- Provision of ventilation
- Technical laying principles
What kind of roofs do we perform insulation work on?
We perform roof insulation for flat-roofed multi-storey buildings (building societies/house managers), industrial (warehouses, factories, supermarkets), public (kindergartens, schools, office buildings, state and municipal buildings) and other objects.
- The leader in laying flat roofs in Latvia.
- Practical management experience on fusible roofs since 2002.
- Professional roofers in the state, over 65 qualified craftsmen during the season.
- Own machinery, transport, tools and roofing materials.
- Own developed internal quality and management system.
- 93% of customers satisfied and continued to cooperate with us.
- The total area of renovated roofs exceeds 1,500,000 m2.
- We work throughout the territory of Latvia and beyond.
- Work experience was also gained while working in Norway, where there are very strict work safety and quality standards, which are later applied in Latvia as well.
- We will perform problem solving works in accordance with construction regulations.
Roof insulation is not an easy job and should never be left to your own devices. Entrust the insulation to our professionals and our team will take care of the functionality and durability of the roof in the long term. We work with high-quality and individually suitable materials for each situation, which will ensure an excellent final result and maximum benefit.
We give a guarantee of up to 10 years for all our works, depending on the material and service you choose.
The works are insured under civil law for EUR 500,000