Solar panels – what are they?
Solar energy is one of the most valuable and inexhaustible resources on Earth. Solar panels are one of the ways to use solar energy to produce electricity. Solar panels represent a system of electrical elements consisting of multiple photoelectric (PV) elements that collect solar light and convert it into electricity. Solar panels are installed on roofs, walls or other areas that provide enough sunlight to charge batteries or provide direct electricity.
Solar energy is clean and sustainable, helping to reduce harmful emissions that contribute to climate change. In addition, solar panels can reduce household and business expenses, because they can be cheaper and more reliable than traditional sources of energy. Solar energy is one of the most valuable and inexhaustible resources on Earth. Solar panels are one way to use the sun’s energy to produce electricity. However, solar panels may not be ideal for all households or businesses. For example, if you don’t have access to sunlight where you live, solar panels likely won’t be suitable for your situation. Additionally, solar panels can be quite expensive to purchase and install.
Solar batteries and their correct installation
Installing solar panels is an important process that includes many steps to ensure that your system works correctly and efficiently. Here are some tips from experts on ROOFMASTER flat roofs:
- Choose the right place: The best place to install solar panels is your roof, which faces south and is not in the shade.
- Check the condition of the roof: Before installing the panels, make sure that your roof is stable and can withstand the weight of the panels and the force of the wind.
- Install solar panel mounts: The panels must be secured to the roof with appropriate mounts. Fasteners must be suitable for the type of panel, important for the panels to be secure and not move.
- Connect the panels to other components: Solar panels must be connected to a solar inverter, which converts the DC current generated by the panels into AC current that is used in the home’s electrical grid. It is important that all connections are correct and secure for optimal performance.
- Carry out a test: after installing the panels, check their work and make sure that they work correctly. You can also consider regular maintenance to ensure the long-term effectiveness of the system.
In order to ensure efficient and long operation of the panels, it is important to take into account the following before installing them:
- What is the condition of the roof: Before installing the solar panels, it is necessary to make sure that the roof is repaired and not damaged, as the roof is the basis of the installation of the panels.
- We recommend the canopies before installing the solar panels, as it will be practically impossible or very expensive to do it afterwards..
- We recommend that you first invite our experts for a roof survey, after which we will give you a consultation and together we will choose the best solution, once this has happened our roof experts will initially cover your flat roof, restore it and then help you to install the solar panels correctly, and importantly treat roof waterproofing responsibly and install solar panels only under the guidance of experts, or entrust this process to industry professionals!
IMPORTANT: Even after installing the batteries, we carry out finishing work so that the roof will serve you well and for a long time!
Why is it important to repair the roof before installing solar panels?
Installing solar panels is a long-term investment that can reduce your electricity bills and the environment
influence. To ensure optimal performance and long life of the panels, it is essential to repair the roof
before installation. A damaged roof can cause leaks and panel problems.
The main advantages of a repaired roof:
- Longer Panel Lifespan: A repaired roof provides a solid foundation for installing solar panels. This prevents panel damage that can occur if the roof is damaged or cracked. Thus, a repaired roof helps extend the life of the panels and optimize their efficiency.
- Trust and security: A repaired roof is a stable and secure foundation for installing solar panels. This ensures that the panels do not yield under pressure or weight and reduces the risk of damage to the panels and the surrounding environment.
- Reduced Repair and Maintenance Expenses: A repaired roof reduces repair and maintenance expenses that may occur if the roof is damaged. If the roof is not repaired, it will be necessary to repair the roof before installing the panels, which provides a stable and long-lasting foundation for the installation of the panels and thus reduces the need for regular repairs and maintenance.
Why invite Roofmaster experts to install solar panels?
- The strongest company in laying flat roofs in Latvia;
- Practical experience of roofers on flat roofs since 2002;
- Professional roofers in the state, which exceed 65 qualified craftsmen during the season;
- Own equipment, transport, lifting tools and roofing materials, located in the Riga market, immediately
- different types and manufacturers of roofing materials available;
- Direct distributors of roofing materials of the world’s leading manufacturers – NEXLER, BORNER, ICOPAL;
- We are trusted by the largest companies in Latvia – “SIA Rimi Latvia”, “SIA MAXIMA LATVIJA”, “SIA Realto”,
- the largest municipalities of Latvia – Rīgas ūtas, “ASLatvenergo”, VAS “Valsts nekustamie epāstumi”, a large part of building managers as “SIA Rīgas namu parvaldnieks”, and the Latvian construction company;
- Developed internal quality and management system ISO – 9001:2015 Quality, 14001:2015 Environment,
- 45000:2018 labor protection;
- 95% satisfied customers who continue further cooperation with us;
- The total renovated roof area exceeds 1,850,000 m2;
- We work throughout Latvia and the Baltic States;
- Certified specialists such as construction managers, construction supervisors, roof experts and
- Work experience was also gained while working in Norway, where there are very strict work safety and quality standards, which are later applied in Latvia as well;
- We will perform problem solving works in accordance with construction regulations.
All specialist in company have:
- Employment certificate and concluded employment contract;
- Professional work suit for summer and winter;
- Professional work tools from the world’s leading roof industry manufacturers;
- Professionally equipped work car for each team;
- Work safety specialist;
- Individual and work safety protective equipment issued according to the roof specification;
- Access to Roosfmaster online internal project management system (customer has option on request
- provide access, photo reports from objects);
- Certificates for performing work at height;
- Slinger and other necessary certificates.
Planning to install solar panels on pitched roofs? Roofmaster roof specialists are here to help! Roofmaster experts will provide you with professional advice and support for your solar panels. The installation process will be successful and of high quality.